They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So, why are so many companies reluctant to embrace IT that will help them be more proactive and successful when it comes to technology?
It’s like the movie The Matrix
. The human race plods along, doing the same thing it has always done because it’s comfortable and predictable. But they are stuck in an illusion of reality. The same could be said for businesses that aren’t choosing to use technology to transform how they operate. They choose the blue pill
and are stagnant – stuck on a treadmill of doing what’s always been done, not what works. Whether you have internal IT or are already outsourcing, companies should be asking themselves if their current IT setup is still working for them and helping them transform how they do business.
Digital transformation (DX) is a fundamental shift in how companies function and deliver products, services and experiences to customers and employees. If you aren’t actively discussing DX in your organization – you might need to shake things up.
The Top 5 reasons why 2021 should be the year of Digital Business Transformation
- 2020: The impacts of the global pandemic were felt far and wide in the business world. As a result, many companies were fast-forwarded into transforming how they operate – ensuring teams could work securely from anywhere, and in many cases, reimagining themselves. As the world looks to a brighter 2021, those baby steps into DX won’t reverse themselves. 2020 was a catalyst for change that will continue.
- Security: Modernizing the technology you use to protect your business should be a key priority, regardless of your business size. And yet, many organizations depend upon antiquated methods of cybercrime prevention. So how does your organization mitigate this risk? By leveraging AI-driven technology for enterprise-level security and advanced threat protection for all business applications. Not confident about your company’s security posture? That needs to change.
- Everybody’s Doing It (Or Thinking About It): The DX message is out there, and your competitors may be modernizing systems and rethinking how they work – for the better. Your industry and your peers are looking for ways to be more efficient, improve the bottom line and deliver more. Are you?
- Your Customers Demand It (Even If They Don’t Know It): We live in a digital world, and your customers expect efficiency and access to your products/services when it is convenient for THEM. Along with your employees, they also expect you to deliver Google and Apple-like consumer experiences, which means you need to ensure support and customer service are top-notch. If your IT systems don’t support that level of service delivery, you need to rethink.
- Automation and Information Sharing: Cloud computing helps organizations remove information silos and allows access to tools, applications and more via the Internet – eliminating the need for large upfront hardware investments. When done right, moving to the Cloud helps automate manual processes, improves efficiency, increases security, and decreases overhead. Cloud-based systems open up a world of possibilities for your organization – think collaboration, improved workflow and information access – anytime, anywhere.
If digital transformation still seems daunting, you aren’t alone. It’s a lot to absorb, and it can be challenging to ditch old ways of doing things. But as the world accelerates technology adoption – your business needs to adapt to stay competitive. The cost of remaining stagnant is too great, and there are so many benefits to be realized! Not sure how to start on your digital transformation journey?
Like in The Matrix
, you may need to take a leap of faith and trust an IT provider with the expertise to help you navigate the technology choices you need to make. Finding the One,
that true technology partner is possible; you just need to ask yourself the right questions
. Fully Managed can help you evaluate, strategize, and identify opportunities for meaningful digital business transformation. And we promise, no need to swallow a red pill to get there.