Deployment Deep Dive on Windows 7 Community Tour-Vancouver
||Tuesday, January 26, 2010
We will be attending this exciting event at the Microsoft Canada Development Centre in Richmond, BC for a deep dive on Windows 7 deployment strategies. With many of our clients making the switch to Windows 7 this year, the timing is great for this event. Some of what we'll be diving into includes:
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) tool - which helps to prepare an environment for an upgrade to Windows 7 by analyzing existing hardware and applications
- Windows Automated Installer Kit (WAIK) which helps create customized system images to be deployed using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
- The User State Migration Toolkit (USMT) which is an excellent tool for maintaining system consistency when migrating between Windows XP and Windows 7
- Integration of Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to perform simplified installations of Windows 7 over the network - known as "Lite Touch"
- Dealing with application compatibility issues using the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), Windows XP Mode and the Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) and Application Virtualization (APP-V) solutions to ensure users have access to the applications they need to run under Windows 7
We hope to meet some new people and enjoy some full on geek activities at this event, hope to see you there!