Technical Solutions Architect
||Technical Solutions Architect
||Monday, June 12th, 2017
Who We Are
We are a passionate company of technology experts focused on delivering seamless IT solutions and services to our clients. We work tirelessly at Creating Peace of Mind for our clients and deliver technology solutions designed to enable lasting success. We have offices in Vancouver, BC and Edmonton, AB.
Working with our technical and sales teams, the Technical Solutions Architect will be responsible for developing accurate technical solutions, writing statements of work, and building system architectures. This is a senior technical role that is focused on working with our account management and business development teams to craft and price technical statements of work and architectural roadmaps. Ability to assess and recommend new infrastructure or technical solutions is a requirement. This is a role that requires an extensive IT background and killer writing skills.
Key areas of responsibility
- Working with sales teams to select best practice solutions to client requirements and issues.
- Discovering the good and bad of client environments, creating feasible and accurate solutions.
- Writing statements of work based on desired outcomes, covering defined IT projects, including project outlines, risks, assumptions, specifications, licensing, pricing, etc.
- Understanding and stating the risks for a given technical solution via the statement of work.
- Accurately pricing services and statements of work.
- Writing technical architecture roadmaps covering multiple years for customer environments.
- Responding to technical RFP/RFQ requests.
- Creating and writing customer IT environment assessments.
- Visiting customer sites for discussions with executives and internal stakeholders.
- Working unsupervised, setting appropriate priorities while meeting assigned deadlines.
Skill and knowledge requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as an IT technician or technical sales engineer in a wide range of technical environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT architectural structures and how they work.
- Ability to create visualizations of architecture, roadmaps, and projects, in a simplified form for consumption by non-technical decision makers. (Show us an example!)
- Ability to create IT architectures which utilize industry best practices, while keeping in mind business ROI and budgetary constraints.
- System architecture and in-depth knowledge of server and network design.
- Up to date industry knowledge about current best practices, upcoming technology, and potential new service offerings.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft and other vendor licensing.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt if priorities change.
- At least five years of technical writing experience.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills, French language skills advantageous.
- Microsoft-centric experience.
- Unix/Linux knowledge advantageous.
- Solid and proven understanding of complex environments from Citrix to Microsoft.
- Ability to see the simple, clean, reliable path to transform any environment into a stable, rock-solid infrastructure setup.
- Ability to translate technical discussions to non-technical customers to fulfill understanding.
- Valid Canadian driving license required, own vehicle is advantageous.
Ready to Apply? Click the 'Apply Now' button below and answer the questions we have for you!