Senior Technical Analyst (Tier 3)
||Senior Technical Analyst (Tier 3)
||Monday, June 12th, 2017
Who We Are
We are a passionate company of technology experts focused on delivering seamless IT solutions and services to our clients. We work tirelessly at Creating Peace of Mind for our clients and deliver technology solutions designed to enable lasting success. We have offices in Vancouver, BC and Edmonton, AB.
Designed to assist our customer help desk in providing peace of mind to our partners, the Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for providing solid technical fixes to a wide range of issues, technical leadership to junior technicians, and a can-do attitude to our leadership team. This role is a senior technical role that is focused on ticket handling and finding permanent solutions to root cause and escalated tickets. Ability to assess and recommend new infrastructure or technical solutions for account managers to provide our partners is required.
Key areas of responsibility
- Handling ticket escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 technicians, through to resolution.
- Completing root cause tickets to find permanent and effective solutions, while recommending infrastructure improvements.
- Communicating ticket status and updates directly to clients.
- Proactively training Tier 1 and Tier 2 on solutions to escalated tickets to mentor the teams and reduce escalations over time.
- Documenting SOPs and issue resolutions in Fully Manager’s documentation system.
- Assisting with overall help desk tickets when time allows.
- A willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet client deadlines, with most work being within regular office hours.
- Tracking time and submitting time sheets for work completed.
- Visit client sites when required, to discover issue solution or complete issue resolution.
Skill and knowledge requirements
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in a wide range of technical environments.
- Proven ability to answer client inquiries in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm and understanding towards the importance of documentation.
- Ability to translate technical discussions to non-technical customers to fulfill understanding.
- Ability to mentor colleagues in technical matters, instead of personally completing the task.
- Ability to work within Unix\Linux environments is advantageous.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and take ownership for tickets from start to finish.
- Ability to work unsupervised while meeting SLA deadlines.
- Ability & willingness to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a calm demeanor.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills, French language skills advantageous.
- Valid Canadian driving license required, own vehicle is advantageous.
- Extensive Microsoft environment knowledge including servers, licensing, AD, DHCP, & Office365.
- Extensive infrastructure knowledge, including networking, router/firewalls, servers, & workstations.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco Meraki, or Cisco Meraki certified.
- Experience with VDI, virtualization technologies, and cloud hosting.
- Experience with Solarwinds RMM tools.
- Experience in Citrix environments is advantageous.
- Understanding of DNS, especially as related to web and mail services.
Ready to Apply? Click the 'Apply Now' button below and answer the questions we have for you!