Benefits of Lync
by Frances Stahl @ Fully Managed™
Posted 2 years ago
Did you know that 70% of Fortune 500 companies use Lync to communicate?
Microsoft Lync is a highly effective way for users to communicate in the right way – unifying voice, meetings, instant messaging (IM) and video calls, with the possibility of extending to voice.
Benefits of Lync:
- Host online meetings – Lync's integration with outlook Exchange allows users to create meetings within Outlook in seconds, when the meeting is about to begin users just have to click the join button and are instantly connected
- Improved communication & reinforced relationships – 80% of how we naturally communicate is through visual & non-verbal cues – Lync's text and video capability allows users to communicate more effectively
- Cost effective – Office 365 includes all Lync benefits, and other applications for a low monthly price
- Wider knowledge share – Improved communication leads to faster and more informed decision making across the company
- Reduced telephony and conferencing costs
- Increased Efficiencies – One of the foundational components of any LEAN company is to reduce wasted movement. Lync's ability to instant message across the office facilitates quick hit conversations on the fly
- Flexibility – Lync's platform allows access to all features across various devices, including PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Mobile Integration – Users can download the app and easily IM, voice, etc. whenever they have access to the internet
- Desktop share – Easily share documents during meetings by simply sharing monitors
- Group chat – IM with multiple people at once
- Skype integration – Lync 2013 extends communications to Skype, and will soon by fully integrated (one and the same)
- Microsoft integration – Integrates with other Microsoft products including SharePoint, Office, and exchange
If you're interested in learning more about reducing your risk through proactive IT Management, connect with us today!